Emergency Veterinary Care in South Wilton
South Wilton Veterinary Group provides emergency and urgent veterinary care for cats and dogs in Fairfield County.
Have an Emergency?
If your pet requires emergency care during our regular business hours, call us and we will direct you. Starting treatment quickly may decrease recovery time or even save a life.
The following situations are examples of emergencies that require immediate care:
- Severe bleeding or bleeding that doesn't stop
- Obvious signs of pain or extreme anxiety
- Choking, difficulty breathing or continuous coughing/gagging
- Seizures and/or staggering
- Fractured bones
- Severe lameness
- Bleeding from nose, mouth, rectum, or blood in the urine
- Inability to urinate or pass feces, or pain associated with urinating or passing feces
- Severe vomiting or diarrhea; 2+ episodes in 24-hours
- Injuries to the eye(s)
- Your pet has ingested something poisonous (such as antifreeze, xylitol, chocolate, rodent poison, etc.)
- Heat stress or heatstroke
- Refusal to drink for 24 hours or more